What are the Best Body Areas to Apply Perfume?
Pulse points are where the blood vessels in the body are nearest to the skin surface. Because these tend to be the warmest places on the body, pulse points are excellent locations to apply women’s fragrances.
- Outer or inner wrist: Women’s fragrances are often applied either on the outer wrist or on the inner wrist. However, bear in mind that if you wear a watch you should be careful because a reaction between the alcohol in the perfume tom ford cherry and the metal can occur.
- Base of throat: One of the most popular locations to apply most perfumes for women. Be careful though if you wear pearls. Sometimes the alcohol in the perfume can discolour jewellery.
- Back of the neck
- Inner elbows
- Crease of the knees or on the calves: Scents tend to rise during the day, so this is quite effective.
- Belly button.
Try not to rub the fragrance into your skin after application, as this can denature the perfume molecules.
When and How Should I Apply My Perfume?
- Applying your fragrance just after a shower or bath is an excellent time as the oils are more easily absorbed into clean and warm skin.
- Layering your perfume along with a similar scented body lotion helps the perfume to last longer during the day.
- Rub in some petroleum jelly on your chosen pulse points and then apply your perfume. This is a clever trick to help the fragrance last longer.
Perfume, Climate and Skin Types
If you have dry skin, you may find that you have to apply perfume more often – every 3 hours or so. The same is true for people who live in colder climates. Women who have a normal or oily skin and who also live in a warm climate usually find that their perfumes last longer through the day. Many women like to choose a heavier perfume during the winter months, leaving the light fragrances for the warmer summer months.
Smokers generally need to apply their perfume more often, regardless of what climate they live in. This is because nicotine reacts unfavourably with perfume oils, and also because most smokers have a less sensitive sense of smell.
Here are some tips to help you store your perfume in the best way. When stored correctly (assuming you don’t use up the perfume), most perfumes for women will last 4 to 5 years. There are 3 factors which can quickly denature a perfume:
It is best to store your perfume at room temperature and definitely not in direct sunlight. Likewise, don’t store your perfume in the refrigerator. Heat and cold will both denature the fragrance. Try to avoid pouring your perfume into another bottle or spray atomizer because oxygen tends to reacts with the perfume chemicals and your fragrance scent will change.